In February 2013 sources leaked a strategy memo to the Charlotte Observer that included an e-mail from Blueprint NC, the Z. Smith Reynolds’ non-profit, that coordinates the many Leftist groups in North Carolina.
Blueprint NC initially took responsibility for the memo, but after the outcry from the right calling who called for an investigation into Blueprint for violating their tax-exempt status, Jessica Laurenz, of America Votes soon stepped in to take responsibility.
The Blueprint NC memo called for pressuring Gov. Pat McCrory and Republican legislative leaders an;d provided a political strategy to “eviscerate the leadership and weaken their ability to govern.”
Blueprint NC’s strategy memo recommendations:
* “Crippling their leaders ([Gov.] McCrory, [House Speaker] Tillis, [Senate President
Pro Tem] Berger etc.).”
* “Eviscerate the leadership and weaken their ability to govern.”
* “Pressure McCrory at every public event.”
* “Private investigators and investigative reporting, especially in the executive
* “Organizers focus on year round voter registration….”